700mW* loud audio
Because air band radios are usually operated in high-noise environments, it is essential for the radio to provide loud clear audio. The IC-A14/S series employs a BTL amplifier that doubles the audio output, offering loud and clear audio that’ll cut through cabin or tarmac noise. (*internal speaker only)
Full keypad type or Simple keypad type
The IC-A14 full keypad type allows you to input the channel or frequency directly and has an exclusive button for the 121.5MHz emergency channel. The IC-A14 receives NAV and WX channels. The IC-A14S simple keypad type provides simpler operation with a minimum of buttons that is suitable for ground crews.
Compact, light weight and rugged body
The IC-A14/S series is compact (only 120.mm tall) and light weight (approx. 350g including antenna and BP-232N). The water resistant construction, equivalent to IPX4, provides reliable operation in wet conditions.
Large capacity Lithium-Ion battery pack
With the 2000mAh large capacity Lithium-Ion battery pack, BP-232N, the IC-A14/S series provides stable output power and 18 hours long (approx.) operating time*. The BP-261, battery case takes 6 AA (LR6) alkaline cells for convenient battery backup. * Typical operation, Tx:Rx: Stand-by=5:5:90.
200 channels with memory banks
A total of 200* memory channels can be named with an 8-character channel name for easy recognition. For fast and simple operation, these channels can be grouped into 10 memory banks*.
*IC-A14 only. The IC-A14S has 100 memory channels and memory banks are not available.
- 5W typ. (PEP), 1.5W (CW) output power
- Side tone function allows you to hear your own voice via a third party aviation headset
- LCD backlight for night time operation
- ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction
- Low battery indication and beep alert
- Adjustable microphone gain setting
- BNC type antenna connector
- Frequency range: (IC-A14)Tx(COM) 118.000-136t.975MHz,(IC-A14S) txRx (COM) 118.000-136.975MHz
- Mode: Weather AM (6K00A3E) (IC-A14 only) FM (16K0G3E)
- Channel spacing: 25kHz
- No. of memory channels: IC-A14 200 channels with 10 banks, IC-A14S 100 channels
- Antenna impedance: 50ohm (BNC type)
- Power supply requirement: 7.4V DC (Icom battery pack)
- Dimensions: 53x120x36.9mm
- Weight (approx.) 350g; 12.3oz with antenna and BP-232N
Send us an e-mail: