The Eagle kit has a display that is a chevron style display. With the chevron display, when you come in for a landing you want to fly to the blue donut (on speed for landing). Should you come in with too low of an angle of attack, the yellow chevron will light up and tell you to put your nose up. Should you come in with too high of an angle of attack, the red chevron will light up and tell you nose down. This kit comes with the HUD (Heads Up Display) adapter kit.
- Instantaneous Angle of Attack indication.
- Additional indication segments.
- Three point calibration process, programmed on remote switch panel, to aircraft specific lift curve.
- 16 different LED brightness levels from ultra dim to very bright.
- Display has an imbedded photocell for daytime/nighttime brightness settings, choice of which is programmed at the display.
- Audio output, tied to existing audio input on audio panel by others.
- 4 different audio options to choose from which is programmed by the end user at the remote switch panel.
- Audio mute switch with amber LED indicator located on remote switch panel.
- 12-28 VDC input draws less than 0.250 Amps at full brightness.
The HUD is a self contained adjustable beam splitter adapter that mounts to the lip of the Eagle display and turns the Alpha System AOA into a true HUD. Intended for placement directly within the pilot’s peripheral vision. Allows for instantaneous viewing of AOA information exactly where needed. The HUD glass is an enhanced color correcting, anti-glare lens. Comes complete with mounting frame, bezel, display brackets and hardware.
- Frame Dimensions: L: 4 1/8″, W: 1.250″
- Bezel Dimensions: L: 4″ x W: 2.5″
- Mounting Frame.
- Dash Bezel.
- Tinted Lens.
- Custom Display Brackets.
- HUD Cover with Flag.
Eagle HUD Kit Part #: DSTR-AOA-9600K-(HUD)