Howell Instruments H1900
HOWELL’S H1900 SERIES INDICATOR/MONITOR IS A STATE-OF-THE ART COCKPIT INDICATOR THAT ALSO FUNCTIONS AS A HEALTH AND USAGE ENGINE MONITOR
Primary Display Options:
- Engine Speed
- Engine Temperature
- Engine Torque
- Engine Pressure Ratio (EPR)
- Fuel Flow/Pressure
- Oil Pressure/Temperature
- DC Voltage
Available Monitoring Functions include the options listed above as well as:
- Identification and Usage Data including:
- Aircraft/Engine Number
- Engine Starts
- Engine Hours
- Engine Cycle Counting (Low Cycle Fatigue)
- Hot Section Exposure
- Exceedance Data
- Trend Data Howell Instruments
|Power Input||28 VDC nominal, 18 to 32 VDC requires 10W maximum.|
|Case||The H1900 Series is 5.5 inches overall length/5.25 inches behind bezel. Both dimensions exclude the input connector.
The H1900 case conforms to MS33639 standard, and supplied in a 2 or 3 inch diameter case.
|Mounting||MS28042-1 clamp or
|Environmental||DO-160C and MIL-STD-810|
- One low-level DC input used to measure the output of the engine thermocouple harness. ANSI Type K thermocouple, range 0 to 1200 °C.
- Two frequency inputs usually assigned to monitor engine speed. Inputs from 5 Hz to 20 KHz, 500 mV to 50 Vrms, range 5.0 to 120 %RPM.
- Two discrete +28 VDC or 28V return inputs that can be used to monitor switch closures from weight-onwheels or bleed air switches.
- One analog 0 to 5 VDC, usually used to measure a signal from an amplified pressure transducer, for torque, EPR or PAMB.
- RS-232 input used for data uploading.
- One discrete +28 VDC or 28V return ouput that can be used to operate a caution panel or other warning device (limitation of 350 mA).
- RS-232 output used for data downloading.
While many options are available, the most common are listed below:
- ARINC 429
- One resistance input (RTD) for measuring outside air temperature sensors.
- One synchro transmitter input for measuring engine pressure ratio (EPR) or inlet guide vane (IGV) type devices.
- One analog 0 to 5 VDC output.
Two remote-mounted switches allow the operator to step through real-time secondary displays and interrogate or reset stored engine exceedance, usage or performance data. Password protection is available.
- Download data via the RS-232 output and optional download cable. This option will allow customer specific data to be transferred from the indicator to a PC or Laptop computer in a standard ASCII format. Customer-specified formats available at additional cost.
- Re-programmable through the connector via software and RS-232.
- Calibration on condition, without opening the indicator.
- A precision micro-stepper motor drives the analog pointer.
- The digital display features four, seven-segment LED characters with four decimal points. (NVG compatible per MIL-L-85762A). Brightness automatically controlled via an integral photoelectric cell.
- Accuracies for the digital display, from –40 °C to +71 °C ambient, ±3 °C / ±0.2 %RPM.
Warning Lamp (Optional)
The H1900 Series employs an integral warning lamp, which can be supplied in red, yellow, orange or NVG blue/green or red. Activation point is set to customer specifications.
Ball Flag Indicator
- Electro-magnetic, latching, ball indicator, password resettable. Normally black, this indicator turns white to indicate an exceedance or maintenance action.
Internal Lighting (Optional)
- Internal lighting can be provided to operate from 5V AC/DC or 28 VDC system. Brightness controlled by the lighting rheostat in the aircraft. Available color options are white, red, blue/white or NVG.
- MS3476W16-26S or PT06SE-16-26S (MIL-C-26482 Series I or II). Adapter harnesses are available to connect to existing aircraft harness, avoiding aircraft wiring change.
- TSO certification provided depending on application.
Request a quote or more information
Error: Contact form not found.